Coronavirus: canceling artist residency

March 12, 2020  •  Leave a Comment

I was looking forward to being a short-term village artist at Holden Village (teaching photo and writing classes) starting March 16. However, given the coronavirus and the rapidly changing news surrounding it, I've decided to cancel.

HV mountain 4HV mountain 4 I am extremely bummed as I looked forward to seeing old pals there and pushing myself creatively.

But given the long incubation period and that Seattle is a hotbed for the virus, it just doesn't seem wise to travel there and potentially expose myself and others to such an illness.

As I have been thinking lately: I don't have living grandparents, but other people do.

So instead, I'm in the Ozarks freelancing (photo and text) until May and covering baseball.

John Privitera 2John Privitera 2

Update: not watching baseball because of postponement. But still writing about it at OlAbner.com.

Mid-May I'm heading to Brooks Lodge at Katmai National Park for a four-month-long hospitality job.


 


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...

Archive
January February March April May (1) June July August September October November December
January (1) February (1) March April May (1) June July August September October (4) November (1) December
January (1) February March April May (1) June (3) July (1) August September October (1) November December (1)
January (1) February March (2) April (1) May June (1) July August September October November (1) December
January February March April May June July August September October November December